Saturday, June 26, 2010

Magicboo

When I first heard the name, I thought it was some kind of detergent people use to clean the floor with. Then I found out on Malaysian Babes Forum that it's a type of hair conditioner. To be more precise, a hot-oil hair treatment.

I purchased this from a cute Japanese-wannabe shop called Yokoso Shiyuki at 1 Utama Old Wing, next to Sasa. The promoters were decked in a floral cotton yukata, trying to pitch for the Japanese-named products made in China. Anyway, I bought what I wanted and left.

I got the Magicboo treatment conditioner at RM18.90. Came home and couldn't wait to try it since it has positive reviews.


It stinks. I'm betting my arms and legs with you that you would concur that Magicboo smells strangely familiar... because it would remind you of your school toilets. Unless of course you had an excellent education in international schools where everyone spoke clipped English and even curse courteously, as opposed to national school students where majority of them shouted across the school hall and conversed in the most colourful vocabulary in a variety of languages. It's an open unfair secret that school toilets have caste treatment - nice smell in international/private schools, stinky in the national schools. That was just the way it was (or is).

I was from a national school.

Yeah anyway, let's not deviate from my review of Magicboo. Here was what I contributed in the Malaysian Babes Forum:

What is Magicboo?
Magicboo Daily Nourishing One Minute Hot Oil Treatment is a product that moisturizes hair throughly and penetrates quickly into every hair strand.

What does it claim to do?
Revitalizes, refreshes and adds shine to hair.

Directions on how to use
After shampooing, apply the hot oil treatment evenly on hair. Gently massage and leave on for one minute. Rinse thoroughly. Recommended for daily use.

Price
RM18.90 from Yokoso Shiyuki (1 Utama Old Wing), next to SaSa.

Personal take on the product
I have natural soft hair. But since I've permed hair, there were times it was not exactly manageable. Upon using the treatment, my hair has softer curls and not so frizzy. This treatment doesn't dry the hair out and neither does it make my hair oilier (like conditioners - something which I totally skip). I don't use it daily cos I'd like to give my hair some rest. I only apply the treatment from the mid of my hair until the ends. I skip the roots. The only gripe I have about it is the smell... for some reason it reminds me of my secondary school toilets.

Repurchase
Yes.

End of review.

Smell aside, my hair feels extremely soft and silky when I rinsed off the treatment. Fantastic!

*flips hair like a bimbo*

It serves as a conditioner, treatment and detangler. Very convenient. So, why not give it a try? But you have to brace yourself for the stink!

Ohmmmmm.

No comments: